Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

How Did This Happen?!?!?

Where is the time going? How in the world do I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old? My little baby girls are growing up in what feels like over night.
Our wild child Shanley turned 3 on Halloween. I swore up and down that she wasn't getting a party this year and that we were just doing cake and her gifts. Well, she actually ended up having 3 different celebrations! Don't ask me how because I don't have a clue. But I guess it is fitting turning 3 with 3 different celebrations. She is always so thankful and excited with whatever she gets.  I love to hear her say "oh thank you so much" in her sweet little voice and have her wrap her skinny little arms around your neck to give you a hug. I have no doubt that she will go far in life and will overcome everything needed with her strong will, determination, smarts, wittiness, and stubbornness. Shanley is such a tough cookie (a little too tough at times) but really does have a sweet sensitive side that is starting to shine more every day. She has kept me on my toes since the day she was born and there is NEVER a dull moment with her around.
Our sweet sensitive little baby McKenzie turned 1 on the 15th but we celebrated with family and friends on the 17th. Of course just turning 1 she was pretty lost with the gifts and what all was going on. Her eyes did light up when she saw her 1st baby doll and she really enjoyed chewing on the boxes. McKenzie's personality is coming out more and more every day. She is much more sensitive, gentle, and cuddly than Shanley ever was or probably ever will be. She is my little cry baby & whiner and would be perfectly content if she could be carried on your hip all day. She loves to eat and really drags out her meals. I can't wait to see her grow and come into her own in the coming days, weeks, months, and years.
Every day with the girls there is already battles over toys, clothes, socks, cups you name it. I know it will only get worse and some days will be better than others. I wouldn't change it or them for the world. I always pictured my "grown-up" and "mommy" life with 2 kids a girl and a boy. Well, that obviously is not the case and I am totally okay with that. I can honestly say now that my family really does feel complete and I love that I have 2 little girls. I love that they will grow up having a bond and a best friend in their sister. Thanks for catching up with us and here are a few photos from Trick-or-Treating, and the girls birthdays.

Her Birthday Present

Showing Off How Old She Is 

Mickey Mouse and Little Lady Bug 

12-Months-Old 

The Birthday Girl 

Our Little Family 

1 comment:

  1. Having two girls myself, I couldn't agree more with everything in your post. It still amazes me daily how different two kids from the same parents can be. :)

    ReplyDelete